I spent some time talking with a caller on the Mountain Meadows Massacre. He made many claims which I believe solid sources rebut.
- Brigham Young ordered the massacre through George A. Smith
- His purpose was to murder and steal always accepted by Mormons
- He knew all about the wagon train
- The upcoming 1857 Utah War did not concern his interest in the MMM
- He declared independence from the U.S. on August 24, 1857 celebration
- BY was guilty but was given a pardon by the President
- Denied that John D. Lee reported to BY in September