Archive for December 2014
118. Mormon Marriage
- I just hate the church and what it does to peoples lives.... No more mormon men for me.
- You were lied to, had your youth and your first love stolen from you... you missed your chance of happiness.
- This cult took everything from you.
- I hate seeing another example of the Mormon faith crushing the happiness out of a girl's life.
- Mormonism Enslaves women
- ...indoctrinated and brainwashed
- There are many Church doctrines and teachings that seem contrary to the comments.
- In regard to Wilted_Flower who made the decision?
- Marriage is not for everyone
- Mormonism is not for everyone
- Many diverse views among LDS
- There are many reasons for personal relationships not based upon indoctrination.
- Paul discussed six stages of moral reasoning
- A caller gave examples of mixed messages
- Paul spoke of an LDS program - Strengthening Marriage - started about 6 years ago
- A caller quoted from the Bishop's Handbook about regarding decisions on marriage or divorce
117. LDS Handcart Project & Others
Talk Show host: Van Hale, LDS
Mormon Miscellaneous Worldwide Talk Show is now in its 35th year.
Podcast address: http://mormonmisc.podbean.com
- Live, Sunday evenings 5:00 - 7:00 pm MST
- Live, in Salt Lake Valley on AM Radio • K-TALK 630 AM
- Live, internationally on http://www.k-talk.com
- Live, our call-in number is 801-254-5855
- Live, participate sending short email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Live, your questions or comments are invited, regardless of your point of view.
Your voice will be heard around the world.
To make a comment here, click on “Comment” below
116. Looking Into Scripture #4
- not defiled with women
- no sexual relations
- did not do sinful things with women
- spiritual undefiled
- as pure as virgins
- kept themselves pure
- they are chaste
115. Looking Into Scripture #3
- Psalm 8:5 - did the author mean that man is little less than angels. heavenly beings, gods, a god or God (Elohim)?
- Ezekiel 18 - discussed in our Gospel Doctrine class, are children responsible for the sins of their parents?
- John 1:1 - was the author's point that Jesus was God?: Different translator's conclusion; Joseph Smith's Translation
- John 1:18 - Is the answer, according to the entire Bible, that any man has ever seen God? Joseph Smith's. JS Translation
- Thinking about JS's early concepts does it appear that he believed that God and the Son (Jesus) are numerically 1 or 2?
- Looking into Rev. 1:6 what was JS's concept that Jesus' God has a father?